Acquia came to Red Javelin with a mission to position the company as the Enterprise Guide to Drupal, an open source web content management system. Acquia’s co-founder is the original creator of Drupal and is well known within the developer community. The challenge was to raise awareness for Acquia in the business and enterprise communities, specifically the media vertical, as well as promote Drupal as the premier web content management system of choice in the market.
- Developed a rolling thunder media relations thought leadership program that included news, awards, proactive pitching of trend stories, industry analyst awareness, customer research, and screening.
- Implemented a rolling thunder news program that included a mix of corporate, product and partner news focused outside developer/open source community.
- Implemented a thought leadership program around the topics of web content management, cloud computing, and social business. Our program included industry analyst campaigns, an awards, and bylined placement program.
- Acquia was featured in Wired, Fortune, Forbes, TechCrunch, InformationWeek, CIO, San Jose Mercury News, Boston Globe, xConomy, and Wall Street Journal’s All Things Digital as well as many other outlets, creating the company awareness they needed to reach a broader audience.
- Secured trade and targeted vertical coverage including InformationWeek’s The Brainyard, Folio Magazine, ZDNet, eContent, MediaPost and The Next Web to help drive sales leads on vertical uses of its technology.
- Secured seven bylined articles within a two months in key publications such as Cloud Computing Journal, FierceContentManagement, and TMC.
- Acquia received industry recognition to boost its leadership position, with awards and analyst reports including: InfoWorld’s Best Product, VentureBeat’s Hottest Company, Momentum Index’s #1 Open Source Provider, Gartner’s Magic Quadrant as a Visionary for Externally Facing Social Software, and named to Forbes’ 100 Most Promising Company List.