Kaon Interactive: Driving Web Traffic and Awareness for Virtual Reality (VR) Sales Enablement Tool
When Kaon Interactive and Red Javelin started working together in 2012, the company was in need of raising its visibility among marketing executives about its interactive marketing technology. Unlike anything else in the market and without a real defined market category, Kaon provides 3D interactive sales and marketing engagement applications that help communicate complex product and solution stories in a visually engaging way.
As a one product company, the amount of press releases and new product announcements was traditionally low, requiring Red Javelin to leverage other PR channels to help build awareness on an ongoing basis. Our goal was to not only reach B2B marketers, but also C-suite level execs and CMOs at OEM companies in their networking/ telecom, medical, scientific &industrial equipment vertical industries.
- Developed an ongoing, programmatic PR program targeting B2B marketing and sales publications, tradeshow/event publications and key verticals.
- Created and managed comprehensive contributed article program.
- Developed and implemented a case studies program to highlight how major Fortune 500 companies were leveraging Kaon technology.
- Launched the company’s new AR and VR product offerings, targeting a new set of editors covering this exciting new technology space.
- Developed and implemented analyst outreach program.
- Leveraged key marketing shows and exhibitor shows to build relationships with attending press.
- Identified key trends in the industry that Kaon could align with on a yearly basis.
- Provided guidance to Kaon on SEO initiatives, social media and content marketing. Red Javelin
- Red Javelin conducted a SEO project that included keyword search, website content SEO audit, with recommendations for optimization.
- Through proactive PR and industry influencer relations program, Red Javelin delivered consistent PR coverage for Kaon even in the absence of regular product or corporate announcements. Red Javelin doubled the amount of feature stories over a five year period to help increase brand awareness and visibility for its B2B marketing platform. In addition, almost 10% of all its web traffic comes from PR or backlinks in relevant articles and blog posts.
- Positioned Gavin Finn, the Kaon CEO, as an industry thought leader in the B2B marketing space and with editors and analysts.
- Exceeded our goals by placing 3-4 contributed articles per quarter in leading marketing, tradeshow and sales publications including American Marketing Association, B2B Marketing, Marketing Profs, CMS Wire, Marketing Profs, Sales Initiative, Sales & Marketing, Mobile Marketer, Customer Think, Brand Quarterly CMO, MD&DI, Chief Marketer, Mobile Marketing Watch, and Marketing Daily.
- Forged relationship with the number one CMO publication, com, resulting in a feature profile piece on Kaon’s customer GE M&C.
- Managed successful case study program resulting in key editor-written stories showing how Kaon customers such as Cisco and Seagate were leveraging its technology.
- Secured widespread coverage for Kaon’s new AR and VR product launch. This included feature articles in in marketing and sales publications, local newspapers, tradeshow publications and VR technology outlets. Red Javelin also strategically placed AR/VR contributed articles in the top sales and marketing publications such as Chief Marketer, Brand Quarterly, B2B Marketing, and Marketing Profs.
- Provided PR metrics and reporting to ensure Red Javelin delivered the most impact for Kaon with our ongoing PR program.