NxStage: Healthcare PR with Grand Opening Rolling Thunder Campaigns
In an effort to continue on its mission to provide high level care and dramatically improve renal care with innovative yet simple therapeutic solutions, NxStage® Medical, Inc. a leading manufacturer of dialysis products, opened a new subsidiary called NxStage Kidney Care. The subsidiary was tasked with opening dialysis centers across the country that would provide patients with enhanced access to a variety of more frequent dialysis therapy options that fit their lifestyle, give them the freedom and flexibility to live a high quality of life and to take control of their health.
Red Javelin was tasked with developing a rolling thunder program to support grand openings in several cities.
- Red Javelin created the new subsidiary’s storyline, ensuring its messaging was aligned with the company and met legal and compliance requirements.
- Created detailed launch plans, timelines and implemented PR programs for the company’s grand opening efforts in its first centers located in St. Louis, Cincinnati, and Jacksonville.
- Developed necessary fact sheets, Q&As, key messages and other marketing material input for each location.
- Screened associated medical directors and dialysis patients and created bios and local stories – conducted media training for each participant.
- Positioned NxStage as a thought leader in each respective local market using a variety of tactics to drive awareness in regional areas for each Grand Opening.
- Red Javelin secured regional coverage in al the major press around the grand openings. Highlights in St. Louis included coverage in regional & community newspapers as well as TV and radio including Saint Louis Dispatch, Saint Louis Business Journal, Webster-Kirkwood Times, KMOV 4 (CBS), Maplewood – Brentwood Patch, KTVI-KPLR (Fox), and KTRS-AM.
- Red Javelin secured coverage in medical trade magazines including Renal Business Today, Mass Device, Pharmacy Choice, and Renal Web among others.
- Launched in 2013, NxStage Kidney Care now has over 100 employees and has opened over 13 centers across the country.