In an effort to continue on its mission to provide high level care and dramatically improve renal care with innovative yet simple therapeutic solutions, NxStage® Medical, Inc. a leading manufacturer of dialysis products, opened a new subsidiary called NxStage Kidney Care. The subsidiary was tasked with opening dialysis centers across the country that would provide patients with enhanced access to a variety of more frequent dialysis therapy options that fit their lifestyle, give them the freedom and flexibility to live a high quality of life and to take control of their health.
Red Javelin was tasked with developing a rolling thunder program to support grand openings in several cities.
- Red Javelin created the new subsidiary’s storyline, ensuring its messaging was aligned with the company and met legal and compliance requirements.
- Created detailed launch plans, timelines and implemented PR programs for the company’s grand opening efforts in its first centers located in St. Louis, Cincinnati, and Jacksonville.
- Developed necessary fact sheets, Q&As, key messages and other marketing material input for each location.
- Screened associated medical directors and dialysis patients and created bios and local stories – conducted media training for each participant.
- Positioned NxStage as a thought leader in each respective local market using a variety of tactics to drive awareness in regional areas for each Grand Opening.
- Red Javelin secured regional coverage in al the major press around the grand openings. Highlights in St. Louis included coverage in regional & community newspapers as well as TV and radio including Saint Louis Dispatch, Saint Louis Business Journal, Webster-Kirkwood Times, KMOV 4 (CBS), Maplewood – Brentwood Patch, KTVI-KPLR (Fox), and KTRS-AM.
- Red Javelin secured coverage in medical trade magazines including Renal Business Today, Mass Device, Pharmacy Choice, and Renal Web among others.
- Launched in 2013, NxStage Kidney Care now has over 100 employees and has opened over 13 centers across the country.