LineSider: Repositioning a Networking Cloud Company Using Leadership & Social Media
LineSider Technologies developed a cloud automation and network orchestration solution for the burgeoning cloud market. They had identified a problem with provisioning the network portion of the cloud that would impact the cost savings derived from an overall cloud solution. One of the company’s objectives was to integrate their solution into eight identified complementary vendor solutions. The challenge was to introduce the solution into a nascent and fragmented market, educate the market and influencers on the problem that LineSider solved, and raise its visibility with the business development teams within the eight identified complimentary solutions.
- Created a story that transitioned their messaging from network virtualization to cloud network automation.
- Developed an aggressive leadership program that included Red Javelin developed content including bylines, blogs, analyst relations, and Twitter for amplification.
- Identified key individuals and influencers in the analyst and vendor communities that would be interested in LineSider’s story and engaged with them on Twitter.
- Created “snackable content” for Twitter to raise the interest level of eight firms with complementary solutions (targeted list) and to drive them to the corporate blog.
- Developed sales tools to complement the sales playbook.
- LineSider was regularly covered in analyst reports and thought leadership bylines were secured in top networking publications.
- Using a focused Twitter and blog campaign, awareness was raised within the targeted vendor community for integration into LineSider products. This brought several vendors to LineSider for integration.
- Once several integrations were completed, LineSider was acquired by Cisco.