As New England’s largest technology association and the premier network for tech executives, entrepreneurs, investors, and policy leaders, the Mass Technology Leadership Council (MassTLC) has more than 500 member companies. Despite their industry prowess, MassTLC’s marketing efforts lacked direction. As a result, they sought a strategic marketing advisor with the expertise to help them plan their efforts and optimize their resources to make an impact.
Specifically, MassTLC wanted to drive member engagement, solidify their position in the market, and increase the visibility of their conferences and signature events. In addition, the organization wanted Red Javelin to revise their high-level messaging to ensure it supported their goals and offered new prospects a compelling, differentiating message
- Event Marketing Strategy – Red Javelin created plans and templates for many of MassTLC’s upcoming events, including Transform, D3, and NewCo. Plans included goals, mission, event tactics, recommended channels (PR, social media, e-mail marketing), marketing strategies, and content for each channel. Red Javelin also provided recommendations on newsletter and collateral content to promote the events.
- Content Strategy – Red Javelin created a very detailed content marketing plan to assist MassTLC with bringing its current and prospective members through the engagement funnel.
- Social Media Strategy – Red Javelin developed a comprehensive social media plan for MassTLC that covered channels, cadence, posting times, and creative recommendations. In addition, Red Javelin provided a daily stream of social content—including tweets, Facebook, and LinkedIn posts—leading up to various events to drive attendance. Red Javelin also offered recommendations on updating the content on the Council’s LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube pages.
- Brand Refresh – Red Javelin worked closely with our design resource to refresh the look and feel of the logo, templates, and collateral materials.
- New Messaging – Red Javelin created brand-centric messaging to be used in the organization’s new collateral materials, including writing and providing design consultation for a four-panel fact sheet, two-sided rack card, and pocket folder.
- Content – Red Javelin drafted and edited content—such as newsletters, event descriptions, and blog entries—to ensure it was clear, compelling, and differentiating. Red Javelin also wrote case studies on MassTLC’s partnerships with the technology industry as well as several blog entries on the NewCo event to be used as web content.
- Website – Red Javelin provided strategic guidance on the navigation, overall direction, and content of the website to ensure it met MassTLC’s goals.